BIO: Zack Bornstein (DGA, WGA; IMDB, Twitter) is an Emmy Award-nominated, Peabody Award-winning, & Writers Guild Award-winning writer, director, producer, and comedian from Saturday Night Live, Jimmy Kimmel Live, Alternatino, Book of Beasts, and more. He hosts and executive produces Comedy Central’s My Least Favorite Thing.
Zack has directed, written, produced, performed, and sold original comedy for NBC, ABC, CBS, Comedy Central, FOX, Netflix, MTV, TruTV, Nickelodeon, Quibi, The New Yorker, the Upright Citizen’s Brigade Theater, and Michelle Obama. His videos have over half a billion views online.
He created Garlic Jackson Comedy, which the New York Times called, “Some of the City’s best writers and performers”. The group has won awards and performed at the LA Comedy Festival, Chicago Sketch Comedy Festival, New York Sketch Festival, Int’l Sketch Comedy Championships, and more.
Zack has performed stand up comedy on FOX’s Laughs, MTV’s College Quickies, and at comedy clubs both nationally and internationally.
Birthed in Seattle, Zack studied Neuroscience at Brown University, and he was selected as a Rhodes Scholar Finalist.
Women’s Day New Zealand once reported that he was dating Emma Stone, which was flattering, but later issued a corrections, which was devastating.
TV / FILM
- Writer @ Saturday Night Live (Emmy-Nom)
- Director @ Jimmy Kimmel Live (ABC)
- Director-Consulting Producer @ Book of Beasts (Netflix)
- Supervising Producer-Writer @ Alternatino (Comedy Central)
- Director @ Game On (CBS)
- Host-Executive Producer @ My Least Favorite Thing (Comedy Central)
- Consulting Producer @ Little Late with Lilly Singh Special (NBC)
- Writer @ Immoral Compass (Quibi)
- Writer-Director @ Red Nose Day Special (NBC)
- Writer-Director @ New Year’s Eve Special (NBC)
- Writer @ The Good Cop (Netflix)
- Writer @ Trip Tank (Comedy Central)
- Creator-Showrunner @ Garlic Jackson Comedy (MTV, TruTV, FOX)
- Creator-Showrunner @ Never Have I Ever (Fullscreen)
- Writer-Director @ Dear Hunters (8 Film Festivals)
- Contributor @ The New Yorker
- Contributor @ McSweeney’s
- Contributor @ Splitsider
- Contributor @ The American Bystander
- Contributor @ Cavalier Literary Couture
- Head Writer @ Michelle Obama’s College Signing Day
- House Team Writer-Performer @ UCB Theater
- Stand Up @ Fox’s Laughs, MTV’s College Quickies, The Comedy Store, Laugh Factory, The Improv, Gotham Comedy Club, Comic Strip Live, UCB, NerdMelt, etc.
- Guest Lecturer @ Johns Hopkins U. / Saul Zaentz Fund
- Finalist @ The Rhodes Scholarship
- Neuroscience Honors, 4.0 GPA @ Brown University
- Film Production, 4.0 GPA @ FAMU Prague Film Academy
- Direct: BornsteinZack@gmail.com
- Manager: Avi Gilbert, 4th Wall Entertainment
- Agent (Directing): Jonathan Levy, UTA
- Legal: Marcie Cleary MCleary@fkks.com, Richard Heller RHeller@fkks.com
COMMERCIALLY: Zack has directed and written branded content for AT&T, Samsung, Intel, Pepsi, Ford, Universal Studios, GM, Mazda, Chevy, Jaguar, Claritin, Coors Light, Old Navy, Scott’s, Zoosk, Fruit of the Loom, Febreze, Yoplait, Just For Men, Quicken Loans, Marriott, HGTV, Subway, Diet Coke, Crown Royal, HP, Sharper Image, Smirnoff, Dyson, Whole Foods, Skype, Kohl’s, Starz, Aladdin on Broadway, Slim Jim, KFC, Butterfinger, Aflac, Southwest Airlines, IBM, Brisk, Aetna, Western Union, Scrubbing Bubbles, Shinola Detroit, Sanuk, Lifetime TV, Rite Aid, Schick, TruTV, Esurance, Samuel Adams, Angry Birds 2, Dr. Pepper, Bravo, VH1, Columbia Sportswear, Scion, Cigna, JetBlue, Dell, Lenovo, DiGiorno, Wendy’s, Lala Yogurt Smoothies, Game Show Network, JCPenny, Guinness, Google Nest Cam, King’s Hawaiian, Cheetos, New Orleans Tourism, Chobani, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter, Audible, The Environmental Defense Fund, Wix, Pedigree, Head & Shoulders, and more.